Education is most important for a competitive, innovative Baltic Sea Region. The program on hand addresses urgent educational tasks of the Baltic region for the next ten years. This strategic concept was developed in 2009 - 2012 as a part of international meetings, conferences and working groups of the Hanseatic Parliament. Various representatives from all Baltic Sea countries were involved in the drawing of this concept, namely:
· presidents, officers, directors and employees of member associations and chambers of the Hanseatic Parliament (47 organisations)
· professors and lecturers of the colleges and universities, which are the members of the Baltic Sea Academy (15 organisations);
· representatives of small and medium enterprises;
· politicians and representatives of public administration at local, regional and national levels;
· secretariat of the Hanseatic Parliament.
The hereby presented educational programme includes:
Chapter 1: A summary of key themes of future educational policy in the Baltic region. Detailed goals, strategies, actions and justifications can be found in the following chapters.
Chapter 2: A brief outline of educational challenges and opportunities.
Chapter 3: A Synopsis of the education systems in the Baltic countries and the consequences for the future educational policy derived from this synopsis .
Chapter 4: Objectives, strategies and measures for education and training. The education at colleges and universities is not the subject of the present concept.
Please click on the relevant language for a pdf in the corresponding language: